City Council Meeting for April 18, 2016 at 7pm.
- Robotics Presentation by Pittsburg High School
- Proclamation: Bike to Work Day
- Consent Calendar:
- Rejection of claims against the city
- Solar power purchase agreement with NRG. There does not appear to be a well thought out plan for this decision, but rather it is posturing to appear “green” while not really accomplishing much. No “cost savings” analysis is being presented, only claimed.
- Transfer Marina Blvd property to the City. Unclear what the City plans to do with the property as it has not presented this information during this transfer process.
- Approve City “Goals” – Take a look at them:
City Goals for 2016-17 (Link to entire document)
Achieve and Maintain a Structurally Balanced Budget
Prioritize Public Safety
Improve Public Facilities and Infrastructure
Continue Economic Development, Diversified Housing and Facilitate Growth and Retention of Existing Businesses
Increase Efficiency of City Operations and Services
Improve the Quality of Life for Pittsburg Residents